Wednesday, March 5, 2008

never satisfied!?

Why is it that as a designer, I'm never satisfied with my work: Well, sometimes I am, but when it comes to my own stuff, I can never make myself happy. Case in point: when I launched my new site, I was ready to change/modify it within a week. I feel that it doesn't fully showcase what I can do, but I also don't want to be an over-hyped site. Anyway, I ordered new biz cards to reflect the new look and even did a cool trick called "spot varnish" - if you want to see it, ask me for a card. Anyway, I got them in after weeks of waiting. I'm already planning my next card and will likely order them soon to replace the ones I just got!

As content as I am with so many other things, I have the hardest time being content with designs for myself. Maybe it's because I realize that I'm capable of so much more and that I probably rushed through some things just to get them done. Who knows...

Be ready for adaptive-design.com v3.1 very soon though.

On a completely separate note, I have had some great jobs recently, so I'll be posting their stuff, and I just landed a major contract, at least to me, for a department of East Carolina University!! I have the privilege of developing a campaign that is targeting every incoming freshman and transfer student for the Fall '08 semester! I'm so stoked. I'll keep you updated on that as the project moves forward.

Just remember, you're always one relationship away from success!

4 comments:

Jennifer Johnson said...

Congrats on the ECU account!

I think PERFECTIONISM and creative personalities go hand in hand. You obviously use it to your advantage through constantly raising the bar. Customers want quality stuff, and you've got the goods!

JJ

One Man's Struggle To Take It Easy said...

I think the fruedian psychological view of this is that since you are no longer Pastor Jeff which was the perfect role for you, you are trying to fill that void with pursuing perfection in other areas. J/K Jeff you know I love you and it is really the pursuit of perfection that defines you as an amazing artist and an even more amazing person! Congratulations you deserve it!

Josh and Laurie said...

That is very exciting - ECU! We're betting, once you get started with that first department and others see your work, things will take off. You'll always be telling Kerri - I'm headed to ECU . . . again. I like the top design on the homepage with the boys and the seagulls. So creative.

Adaptive Design, Inc. said...

the pics of the boys across the top came from our beach trip in 2007. it was just amazing that i was able to even capture the timing of the birds coming in. and of course, nathan just chased them around.