Thursday, March 6, 2008

what will it be?

Wow, two days in a row! I know I'll make BMac happy and finally get him off my back.

Anyway, as I'm working on a new display method for my site's portfolio section, (which, by the way, is rockin'), I couldn't help but wonder what the next major design trend would be. Simply put, I think by now almost everyone with an internet connection has seen the "reflection" technique made so popular by Apple. I was in the post office today, and there on there posters hanging up was the reflection method. It's everywhere. It's even on my stuff now. And even though it really makes things look great and adds such a depth to a visual presentation, what will be next that will so dramatically shape the design world as we know it?

I guess we'll have to wait and see, and then I, like so many others, will most likely jump on the bandwagon and use it.

Anyway, that should give you a precursor of what to expect in the version 3.1

2 comments:

The Mac Fam said...

Ever think that something you design or create will be the next "it" design? You have amazing talent. Have confidence in that.

One Man's Struggle To Take It Easy said...

I am so happy now! Thanks Jeff! When you talk about what is next I think those fuzzy posters from the late 70s early 80s (you know like the unicorn) are going to come back again and be the next "it" thing, nothing beats the texture of real texture. I just don't know how they are going to do that on computer unless fuzzy stuff can come out of the screen? Either that or 3D, like the new U2 movie. If only Hannah Montana would do a movie in 3D that would Rock! Thanks again for two new posts made my week...