Thursday, March 20, 2008

new logo + ecu

Logos can be so tricky sometimes. My problem is that I just when I think I've finished it, in a day or two, I want to go back and do more b/c I feel it's just not quite finished. So, I spend extra time playing with little details that most people may never notice. But, hey, if perfectionism in design is my curse, so be it, right. It ensures that my clients end up with a design they (and I) are happy with. Sometimes I go back to the previously "unfinished" state and realize it's fine just like it is, and sometimes, the adjustments are exactly what's needed.

Such is the case with a logo I've just finished for my friend, Chris Wilcox, who is developing a media internship program, titled "Emerge" at his church in Conway AR. We thought the logo was finished, but I just couldn't resist. What resulted was something he and I both knew was the "finished" version. Let me know what you think:




Several of you have asked about the East Carolina University deal. Well, I'm happy to say that I signed a contract this week with ECU to develop a multi-week promotional campaign that will target every incoming freshmen & xfer student for the Fall '08 semester, along with their families and some of the school faculty. ECU puts on six weeks of academic, social and cultural events the first few weeks of school to help new students integrate into the ECU culture of college life. The campaign I've been asked to develop is to not just inform them of these events but to market these events in such a way that students eagerly desire to be part of these Weeks of Welcome.

I'll show more as the project develops, but the campaign theme I proposed has already been approved, and this opening has already led to some other work for the school, so we'll see just how far this rabbit hole goes, I guess.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love this logo. LOVE IT. The drop shadow is what makes it for me. So cool.

Ah, working for the alma mater. Good times.

Anonymous said...

I continue to be impressed with the creativity and freshness of your ideas. The new Web site and varied internal info sites are now much easier to access than previously.

And I REALLY like the new business card. A very "un-business-like" card-- not like any I, personally, have seen. It's FUN! I'm immediately "transported" to another place! And I'm not biased at all!! eileenbabcia